"A father's contribution to his children is primarily a measure of how much he adores their mother. "

16 YO Drug Use


Recently I called the police on my son. I called the police for two reasons: 1) my son ordered some drug paraphernalia via mail that I found, opened and confiscated; 2) because my son got very angry and out of control over me opening his mail and for not giving him the items he ordered (cigarette/joint paper and a smoking/marijuana pipe). My son was being verbally abusive, was threatening to hit me and take things out of my room since I would not give him the items he ordered via mail. Though I am confident in my ability to defend myself if my son would have attempted to hit me, I decided for the reasons stated to call the police and thought it would be more serious reality check for what he had done/was doing. However he was very angry and upset that I had called the police and has not talked to me since (he also had to leave my apartment and is currently back with his mom). Questions: a) What guidelines would you suggest for when parents should get the police involved in a situation with their kids; b) Would you give me your feedback on this situation and suggestion for how best to move forward with my son from here? Thank you.

Subscribe To View The Answer

Please register and purchase a subscription in order to view the answer. Existing members please log in.


Return to Previous Page

View All Questions